Randall M.L. Yee, ESQ.
Phone No: (808) 687-6891
Best Lawyers in Hawaii
by Honolulu Magazine, 2001-present
by The Best Lawyers in America
Lawyer of the Year
by Best Lawyers® Trusts and Estates for 2016
University of Washington
University of Hawaii
William S. Richardson School of Law
State of Hawaii
U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii
Randall M.L. Yee is a partner and head of the Trust and Estate practice at Yee & Kawashima LLLP. Mr. Yee has over 30 years of experience as a trust and estate lawyer with a concentration in probate, trust and estate planning matters.
Mr.Yee is also a certified Public Accountant. Mr. Yee graduated from Iolani School and received his Bachelors Degree in Accounting from the University of Washington and his Juris Doctorate degree from the William S. Richardson School of Law. Mr. Yee holds an AV rating from Martindale Hubble which is the highest rating received by votes from fellow attorneys and has been recognized as one of the Best Lawyers® in America and Best Lawyers in Hawaii since 2001 in the area of trust and estates. Mr. Yee is licensed to practice law in the State of Hawaii and in the U.S. District Court, District of Hawaii.
Publications and Presentations
In addition, Mr. Yee over the years has spoken to numerous attendees of seminars for retirement and estate planning purposes as well as spoken to professional advisors including accountants, realtors, bankers, financial advisors and financial planners.
The last several years Mr. Yee has also conducted his own seminars on Asset Protection and what clients can do to protect their assets.
- Power of Attorney Update (HPA 2015)
- Hawaii Probate Forms Manual (HSBA 2013)
- Hawaii Conservatorship and Guardianship Forms Manual (HSBA 2005 & 2010)
- Hawaii Foreclosure Update (HSBA 2009)
- Hawaii Probate Forms Manual (HSBA 2008)
- Encyclopedia of Estate Planning (HSBA 2007)
- Encyclopedia of Financial and Estate Planning (HSBA 2003)
- Basic Probate Procedures and Practice in Hawaii (NBI 2003)
- Estate Planning in Hawaii (Lorman 2002)
- Estate Planning in Hawaii (Lorman 2001)
- Basic Estate Administration for the Hawaii Paralegal (NBI 2001)
- West Region Conference, National Association of Personal Financial Planners (2001)
- Basic Probate Procedures and Practice in Hawaii (NBI 2000)
- Trust and Asset Protection Alternatives in Hawaii (NBI 1999)
- Encyclopedia of Estate Planning (HSBA 1999)
- Estate Planning and Probate for the Paralegal/Legal Assistant in Hawaii (NBI 1999)
- Estate Planning and Probate for the Paralegal/Legal Assistant in Hawaii (NBI 1998)
- Estate Planning and Probate for the Paralegal/Legal Assistant in Hawaii (NBI 1996)
- Hawaii Probate Forms Manual (HSBA 1996)
- Living Trust and Alternatives in Hawaii (NBI 1995)
- Administration of the Estate in Hawaii (NBI 1992)
- Administration of the Estate in Hawaii (NBI 1991)
Professional and Community Activities
Mr. Yee is a member of the American Bar Association, Hawaii State Bar Association, Hawaii Estate Planning Council, American College of Trust and Estates Counsel (ACTEC) and Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society.
Mr. Yee has also been active in the community by serving on the Makiki Neighborhood Board, the City and County of Honolulu Planning Commission, the Hawaii State Board of Education, the Charter School Review Panel and non profit organizations such as Aloha United Way, American Cancer Society, Drug Addiction Services of Hawaii and St. Francis School.